Pylasteki

Pylasteki is a 1961 Pearson Triton sailboat. She is one of my personal project boats... I am rebuilding her as a blue water cruiser.

Enjoy, if you have any questions or comments, drop me line: rocknrod@gmail.com

Zach

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Water tank removal, and water closet ponderings. Warning: Bathroom humor below.


Got back from the coast Friday. I've inverted my working schedule... instead of putting in a 30 hour weekend, I figure I'll starve down at the coast and put in a 30 hour week working on boats. One boat or the other is going to see some progress, come heck or high water. (Grin!)

Over the course of an afternoon this week, when I wasn't pondering the location of shower and head on Noel, I wandered over to Pylasteki and pumped out the bilge. Floorboards afloat... I felt like such an abusive boat owner. High water I guess. (Went to the Annapolis boat show, then down to Hilton head. Life gets in the way of boat projects. Whining ends here.)

I need to glass over the vents on the lazarette, as they allow a fair bit of rain water in...

I pulled the water tank out, and was quite surprised that it came out without having to cut anything! (Else? Grin) I then wandered over to my plywood scrap pile and grabbed an appropriately shaped wedge to set my head on. See picture above... For my non-boat lingo speaking readers, a toilet is called a head when it is on board a boat. In this case it is a head, on a board. Proper nomenclature allows for the hilarity of the english language to stand out...

Speaking of standing, one of my primary reasons for moving the head forward to the V-berth is the limited crouching head room in its old location. In its new location one can stand up while relieving themselves (given the proper anatomy to do such things of course) all the while with a very relieved expression on their face. I expect the next time you see someone standing up through a hatch... anyway...

For information purposes to my fellow Triton owners... I'm 6'1 and 190lbs... 32in inseam...
Plenty of seated head room. Who knows if it'll take a 5 point racing harness to stay seated while sailing... (Grin)


*Photo in black and white, because... well... there is nothing else romantic about this dialogue.

Zach -

No comments: