Pylasteki is a 1961 Pearson Triton sailboat. She is one of my personal project boats... I am rebuilding her as a blue water cruiser.

Enjoy, if you have any questions or comments, drop me line:


Friday, June 10, 2011

Last weekend...

I spent last weekend sanding off the last of the bottom paint on Pylasteki, as I'd grown tired of pulling up beside a boat that looked like that much of a project...

This week Noel has kept me busy, and a wasp nest was formed on my staging that I kept forgetting to purchase wasp spray to correct...

Yesterday after work I pulled out my outboard, and did some measuring to see about an outboard well, instead of having it hang off the transom. I spied a picture of Bo Mann's Triton on the Plastic Classic discussion forum with a well in a Triton.

Seeing as I'm in the process of cockpit and lazarette construction I figured it would be best to set aside all prior plans and design around an outboard well. A: It sure does look better than being hung on the transom!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011


Saturday I spent some more time grinding out old fiberglass tabbing under the old V-berth, and a bit of sanding of old bottom paint.

I put another layer of tabbing across the bridge deck, and tabbed the bulkhead to the underside of the deck at each side. I pulled down the backer board under the starboard side deck repair, and added a layer of glass to the underside overlapping into the original deck.