Pylasteki

Pylasteki is a 1961 Pearson Triton sailboat. She is one of my personal project boats... I am rebuilding her as a blue water cruiser.

Enjoy, if you have any questions or comments, drop me line: rocknrod@gmail.com

Zach

Sunday, June 1, 2008

CAD Design....

Working on the interior layout 230 miles away, utilizing a CAD system. (Cardboard Aided design.)

I brought the icebox home a few months ago, and have pushed my engine stand and stack of car parts out of the way to build the mock up for Galley Mark 1. Intended to replace the heavy stock icebox and galley unit with two symmetrical units. Goals: Lighter, with more storage space and rounded corners. Potential cons: May look like a clorox bottle.

Thanks to Rachel for the idea of removing the bulkhead aft of the head and hanging locker, in my quest for both a usable galley and long enough sleeping berth! Symmetry will be the bonus, and the icebox will go back to its stock location. Cubbie on the port side has been scrapped, and something else will go in its place.

Revelation: With no inboard engine, the battery box under the ladder can have a toe kick! The ability to stand almost, not quite under the companionway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that I know what CAD stands for, I, too, can put it on my resume! :grin:

Can't wait to see it in photos!

BRI
(bulkhead removal instigator)