Pylasteki is a 1961 Pearson Triton sailboat. She is one of my personal project boats... I am rebuilding her as a blue water cruiser.
Enjoy, if you have any questions or comments, drop me line: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, March 19, 2010
March 19 2010
Tonight I went from around 5:00 till 6:30 laying up another divinycell panel, and grinding off the edges/prepping the face of the one from a few days ago. Should be ready in the morning. I'm planning to mock up my cockpit in the morning out of plywood, get all my templates made and then start assembling the pieces. It is supposed to rain sunday, so I will switch back over to grinding later in the evening.
I cut out the port settee, and most of the head bulkhead. It too was full of water... I switched over to 16 grit Norton (bought another box...) and have been using Nortons hard rubber backing pad instead of the flexible black plastic ones you find at the hardware store. They will grind up into a corner and leave a rubber trail... instead of getting caught on something sharp and getting jagged. I like diamond flap discs when I'm working with all fiberglass, as they last forever... they get loaded up with wood, so cutting out bulkheads they aren't so great. The hard paper backed discs run about 2 bucks a piece... I've used 6 or 7 so far.
Made it till 9:00... then I kicked over my halogen work light and popped the bulb. Oops!
Picture will come after I'm done grinding and get all the dust out. Today I scooped up a lot with my dust pan off the sides of the hull where little avalanches were forming...