Pylasteki is a 1961 Pearson Triton sailboat. She is one of my personal project boats... I am rebuilding her as a blue water cruiser.

Enjoy, if you have any questions or comments, drop me line:


Sunday, May 22, 2011

Update: May 21 2011

Over the last few weeks of afternoons I've reworked how the boat was blocked and adjusted the stands until she was level. I also put the finishing touches on the foam hull coring on the Tanzer 16.

I glassed in the foam on the top of the cabin top.

I sanded off the port side deck and applied some fairing compound.

I glassed the interior side of the bridge deck bulkhead, and tabbed it in place.

I removed the rudder, and spent some time studying pricing on replacement shafts as the bronze has gone pink. I am planning to use a skeg style lower bearing, and a full length shaft. (Pylasteki has an outboard engine, and I'll be filling in the prop aperture.) I'm also looking into replacing the rudder tube with a larger diameter, to be able to fit a cutlass bearing to take some of the play out of the system. Pylasteki's rudder is the original, best as I can tell that has been fiberglassed over.

I bought a used monitor wind vane (Thanks Tim!
And snagged a Whale Gusher 25 bilge pump at a second hand store.


No comments: