Pylasteki is a 1961 Pearson Triton sailboat. She is one of my personal project boats... I am rebuilding her as a blue water cruiser.

Enjoy, if you have any questions or comments, drop me line:


Monday, February 14, 2011

First nice weather weekend... In a long time!

Last weekend Leah and I pulled the small portlights out, and most of the hardware off the cabin top.

This weekend, I spent some time leveling the boat again.

I pulled the companionway sliding hatch off and laid a straight edge along the cabin top. The top is sagging, as the coring is rotten.

I am going to put a layer of divinycell foam on top of the old roof, and fiberglass it in place. I scribed the shapes of the existing corners on plywood, cut with a jig saw until it was close and then stuck a piece of 40 grit sandpaper on to each of the corners working the plywood back and forth until there was contact everywhere.

Late last night I made a post, with a 2x10 cut to the camber of the cabin top to wedge from the bilge, to hold the cabin top straight while I work on it.

Once the top is glassed in place, I will cut out the old fiberglass inner skin and remove the rotten layer of balsa wood on the inside to gain some head room, and room to glue up a false overhead to put a bit of insulation behind.

I glassed the other side of my cockpit bulkhead, that I installed straight to the back of the cabin and crooked to the rest of the world, and did a bit of work on Noel. Trying a new brand of epoxy, made by E-bond epoxies, so we will see how it goes.



No comments: