Friday I went over to Pylasteki and cleaned her out, and toted all the scrap bits and pieces that had piled up around her away. Took an hour or so to get reaquainted...
Saturday, I spent some time making a set of bomb proof saw horses. (2x4 I beam on top, with the legs set to no bevel... gives just about the perfect saw horse when built with 36 inch legs.)
Cruised up to see the babe for the rest of the weekend...
Tuesday night, I spent two hours digging my sheets of divinycell out from under a big pile of stuff for Noel, and went ahead and cut out my blanks for the cockpit sides. Then I sanded off the other 4x8 sheet. Since I didn't vacuum bag them, where ever there was excess resin it had to be ground off to yield a smooth surface.
I also priced out some 316L for building a new rudder. Around 250 for a half of a 4x8 sheet of 1/4 inch. The rudder shafting runs $18 bucks a foot... I now just need to test out my little TIG box and see if it up to the task.
All for now,