Pylasteki

Pylasteki is a 1961 Pearson Triton sailboat. She is one of my personal project boats... I am rebuilding her as a blue water cruiser.

Enjoy, if you have any questions or comments, drop me line: rocknrod@gmail.com

Zach

Friday, November 21, 2008

Cold!

Brrr!

This week has been a chilly one. In the 30's and windy! This morning it was blowing sleet at 20 knots, icy BB's...

Went down and did some cleaning up on Pylasteki. Pulled up the tape covering the stantion holes, and sail track mounting holes and filled them with a shot of caulk to keep any water from entering the core.

I noticed that my starboard side deck needs to be reglassed... the top skin is totally shot. Bummer. If I'm going to do any sailing in the spring, I need to get her hauled out so I can finish those side decks...

I stopped by another boat yard that has a travel lift to check on pricing. Yikes! 200 to haul out, and 200 a week on the hard. Or 420 for a month and a half... plus a dollar fifty a day for electrical service. Guess I'll be skipping lunch for a while! Where I am docked now, is geared more towards shrimp boats, with fixed docks that are about eye level at low tide. The railway's spacing between cars is longer than my keel, so while not impossible... I'd have to weld up a cradle before pulling her out.

Sigh! I'll probably end up borrowing the painting barge for a few days instead. Power tools, floating platforms, and cold weather... all in a days work! 400-700 bucks buys more materials.

After the decks are solid I'll be dropping the mast. It really shouldn't be as big of a stumbling block as I'm trying to make it, but I have a way of coming up with the most complicated solution for the easiest of problems...

In other news I saw a sailboat with no keel! The underside is shaped like a scallop shell. Weirdest thing I've seen in a while... and thats saying something. (grin) Going to call on it tomorrow and see what the heck it is. Camera was out of batteries...

Zach

No comments: